In a recent Twitter Spaces, Elon Musk gave a price prediction for Tesla stock and several updates on Tesla.
- Elon said he predicts that within five years, Tesla will become the largest company in the world. If we estimate that the largest company in five years will have a market capitalization of $4 trillion, and Tesla's current market capitalization is ~$400 billion, then Tesla's market capitalization could potentially 10x by 2028.
- Elon said that he will not sell any Tesla stock in 2023 and is unlikely to sell any in 2024.
- Elon said that Tesla is the most recession-resistant of any complex manufacturing company. Tesla has no debt, ~$20 billion in cash and cash equivalents, and generates ~$3 billion in free cash flow.
- The board is open to a stock buyback but Elon wants to gauge the severity of the 2023 recession first.
- Elon said there will likely be huge stock investment opportunities in 2023.
- On the All-In Podcast, Elon said that his best guess for when the coming recession will end is Q2 2024.