This is the Friday Finds end of year recap for 2021. It includes my favorite YouTube video, YouTube channels, podcasts, articles, books, music, and websites.
- How to Hit Your 10 Year Goals in 1 Year
- Fault vs Responsibility by Will Smith
- The Most Important Weekly Habit
- How to Find GREAT Writing Ideas
- Three Stories About Capitalism by Jonathan Haidt
- China’s Profitable Business of Concentration Camps
- China: A Masterclass in Controlling the Population
- Why we’re always at war
- The Rules for Rulers (The Dictator's Handbook Animated)
- Why Bitcoin & Ethereum Have a Bright Future
- How Debt can Generate Income by Robert Kiyosaki
- How The Economic Machine Works by Ray Dalio
- The Origin of Modern Money and its Dark Future
- Pay Down Your Mortgage, or Buy Bitcoin?
- How to do your own research on a Cryptocurrency
- Naval Ravikant on the importance of conviction in investing
- Rethinking Humanity
- Why do people join cults?
- Plato - The Allegory of the Cave (This is the best animation I've found.)
- How to Think For Yourself
- Invest Answers. James Mullarney has the best finance information on YouTube.
- Dave Lee on Investing. Dave makes great videos about investing (mostly Tesla).
- Heresy Financial. Joe Brown makes great videos that simplify personal finance and economics.
- Jake Tran. The best finance and business related documentaries.
- David Perell. David talks about writing and creating an audience online. All of his videos are great.
- Coin Bureau. This is the best channel for learning about obscure cryptocurrencies that aren't worth a "deep dive" yet.
- Whiteboard crypto. Crypto info made easy.
- Jason Blaha. The best fitness education channel. Mostly focused on strength training.
- Yeonmi Park on Jordan Peterson's Podcast. My favorite podcast of the year. Yeonmi was born in North Korea. She explains the horrors of the country in this podcast.
- Elon Musk on Lex Fridman's Podcast On Tesla, SpaceX, tech, etc.
- Michael Saylor on Saifedean Ammous' Podcast On Bitcoin, investing, and debt.
- Ray Dalio on Lex Fridman's Podcast On investing, success, and the changing world order.
- Peter Thiel Interview On investing, history, and politics.
- Raoul Pal on Robert Breedlove's Podcast On the macroeconomic landscape.
- All-in Podcast. 4 rich guys (Chamath Palihapitiya, David Sacks, David Friedberg, and Jason Calacanis) talk about current events and investing.
- What is money? The host (Robert Breedlove) has on guests to talk about Bitcoin, Austrain economics, and other related topics.
- The Day You Became a Better Writer by Scott Adams. A short post that I reference for almost all of my writing.
- Farnam Street Blog. One of the best places to learn about mental models from the sciences and humanities.
My 12 favorite books of 2021.
- The Almanack of Naval Ravikant by Eric Jorgenson. I recommend this book the most. It is a guide to wealth and happiness. Promotes making money online and investing.
- The Bitcoin Standard by Saifedean Ammous. The best Bitcoin book.
- The Fiat Standard by Saifedean Ammous
- The Future is Faster Than You Think by Peter Diamandis
- Principles by Ray Dalio
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- The Evolution of Desire by David Buss
- Mastering the Market Cycle by Howard Marks
- The Most Important Thing by Howard Marks
- The Dao of Capital by Mark Spitznagel
- Competing in the Age of AI by Marco Iansiti
- Investing: The Last Liberal Art by Robert Hagstrom
3 songs that have perfect lyrics, vocals, and production.